Which markets are worth going after? Which are non-starters?
Cascade Insights’ B2B Market Opportunity Research uncovers the size, spending power, and unmet needs of given markets. With findings from this research, you’ll be equipped to strategically focus your marketing, sales, and product development efforts to best persuade your market. You’ll also gain insight into how you stack up against the competition.
Our Approach To B2B Market Opportunity Research
Cascade Insights spends all day every day studying the B2B tech sector. For more than a decade, it has been our policy to only accept projects that pertain to B2B technology. That means we begin each study with a great deal of history and background on the B2B tech landscape.
Thanks to this context, when you work with us, you can expect us to:
- Come up to speed quickly on your technology.
- Understand the jobs-to-be-done you are trying to serve.
- Have some foreknowledge of the types of competitors you face.
- Customize the research methodology to best answer your key questions while maintaining cost-effectiveness and speed.
When Do You Need B2B Market Opportunity Research?
Cascade Insights’ B2B Market Opportunity Research is the perfect way to stay ahead of the game. Don’t get disrupted, be the disruptor.
You’re a New Company
Insights from market opportunity research can help a new company allocate resources effectively. Instead of frantically trying to do everything, this research can help new companies focus on marketing and sales tactics that will work.
Changes In The Market
With market opportunity research, established organizations can check their share of the total addressable market (TAM) relative to competitors and/or see if the serviceable addressable market (SAM) has changed.
Because the B2B tech landscape is rapidly changing, we recommend rerunning this research as frequently as every three years. For emerging high-value markets, it may be a good idea to rerun market opportunity research even more frequently.
15 Years In the Tech Sector, Thousands of Conversations With B2B Buyers
Our long history working exclusively in B2B tech means you won’t have to waste valuable time and budget getting us up-to-speed on the basics.
Our background allows us to customize study design and tap the most relevant data sources to give you a comprehensive view of your TAM and its edges. Of course, our research covers the basics like whether the market will be saturated with competitors or if you’re creating a new category. Our research also goes deeper to illuminate the kind of revenue this segment can provide and, most importantly, if it’s even worth going after.
The Right People for B2B Market Opportunity Research
- Business decision makers.
- Technology decision makers.
- Channel partners.
- Former sellers of competing firms.
The Right Questions for B2B Market Opportunity Research
- What is the TAM that could be a fit for this solution?
- What is the SAM for our solution?
- Which industries and company sizes should we target within our Serviceable Obtainable Market (SOM)?
- Is this TAM, SAM, or SOM, growing, shrinking, or staying about the same? At what rate is it changing?
- Do organizations in the target market have the problem our solution is trying to solve?
- How likely are buyers to purchase a solution for this problem?
- Have the decision makers in those organizations already tried to solve their own pain points? What proportion of the market has tried?
- When do organizations see their needs evolve? Are there certain “graduation points” to mark this?
- What budgets do organizations set for solutions like ours? For adjacent solutions?
- For organizations to consider our solution, what price range would it need to be in?
- What’s the broader competitive landscape in this market? Which segments are most vulnerable to competitors?
- What headwinds and/or tailwinds will industry competitors face in this market?
More On Our Approach to B2B Market Opportunity Research
Looking for more?
B2B Tech Sector Specialists
We only accept projects from the B2B tech sector.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Big Data
- & More
Our clients range from enterprise giants to stars of the mid-market.
We help companies in the following fields:
- IT Services
- Health Tech
- Green Tech
- Legal Tech
Market Research Methodologies
- In-Depth Interviews (In-Person & Online).
- Focus Groups (In-Person & Online).
- Web Surveys.
- Online Research Communities.
- Quantitative Studies.
- Social Media / Online Community Analysis.
- Longitudinal Research (Communities, Diaries, Etc.).
- Secondary Research.