Don’t fail to launch. Cascade Insights’ B2B Concept Testing lets you validate whether the market wants what you’re planning to build before you invest.
Our Approach To B2B Concept Testing
Our concept testing model gives you an inside view of what B2B buyers did and didn’t like and why, what questions they still have, and what they’re most excited about.
Cascade Insights’ exclusive focus on B2B tech means that all of our findings will be framed in the context of how your solution would actually be used: the jobs-to-be-done it would solve, the real-world ROI it would generate, and the existing IT assets it might need to integrate with.
Finally, if your concept isn’t a fit for a particular set of buyers, we can find out if there is another buyer persona or market segment that it would be a good fit for.
Why Do You Need B2B Concept Testing?
Concept testing research costs a tiny fraction of a typical product development effort. Launching a product is already expensive; launching one that no one buys can be deadly.
Cascade Insights’ Concept Testing will help you pave the way to success early on. Some products only need one or two tweaks to be a market leader. Instead of guessing what the market wants, concept testing allows you to hear what the market wants- directly from the buyers.
15 Years In the Tech Sector, Thousands of Conversations With B2B Buyers
We only work with companies that create B2B technology products and services. This has been our specialization for more than a decade. Each day, we interview and survey B2B customers on their tech stack, pain points, and business needs. This B2B context lets us ask better questions, find better research participants, and generate better recommendations.
The Right People for B2B Concept Testing
- End-users including greenfield / net new users, current customers, and users of similar solutions.
- Decision makers.
- Implementers and solution experts.
- Former salespeople of adjacent or competing solutions.
- Partners who will be selling the product.
The Right Questions for B2B Concept Testing
- Do customers view our concept as new or novel? If not, what are some of the existing solutions in this space?
- What concerns do potential customers have after being exposed to the concept?
- How do customers see our concept mapping to their core jobs to be done?
- How do customers see our solution integrating into their current systems and processes?
- How would our solution change a company’s workflow?
- How would the new solution fit into customers’ business processes?
- Do customers see this concept as meeting minimum viable product (MVP) criteria?
- What other customer types, by role or jobs-to-be-done, would be a fit for this solution?
- What business problems would our new solution solve for potential customers?
- Which personas in target market segments might influence the purchasing decision on this new solution? Who would make the final decision? Who would benefit most from the new solution?
- What do buyers feel is a fair price? What kind of pricing model makes sense to them?
- What kind of ROI can customers expect from our solution?
- How would users, implementers, and maintainers make the case to business leaders that they need this solution?
- What kind of support activities might customers need post-deployment?
More On Our Approach to B2B Concept Testing
Looking for more?
B2B Tech Sector Specialists
We only accept projects from the B2B tech sector.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Big Data
- & More
Our clients range from enterprise giants to stars of the mid-market.
We help companies in the following fields:
- IT Services
- Health Tech
- Green Tech
- Legal Tech
Market Research Methodologies
- In-Depth Interviews (In-Person & Online).
- Focus Groups (In-Person & Online).
- Web Surveys.
- Online Research Communities.
- Quantitative Studies.
- Social Media / Online Community Analysis.
- Longitudinal Research (Communities, Diaries, Etc.).
- Secondary Research.
“Making the right decisions. That is really what this is all about. Cincom needed better information, and we needed to be able to develop a consensus around the information that we ultimately would need to use. Cascade provided clarity. They shared thoroughly their process, made sure my team understood the value, and then they delivered. The research they provided will be a key ingredient to new growth and a coherent strategy for our entire business.”
— Larry Sumpter, Director of Brand and Corporate Strategy, Cincom
“Decision Lens is a small and growing software company, still trying to figure out the exact motivations of our market and our buyers. After watching our own efforts at market analysis drag along with all of our internal biases attached to them, we decided we had to enlist the help of experts. Cascade Insights stood out to us in our review of firms for their knowledge of technology, experience in B2B, and willingness to personalize the work to what we needed. And our experience during the project lived up to the expectations. The Cascade team delivered very thorough and targeted market interviews and provided the external analysis of the information that our organization and executives needed to see. We have since completed more market analysis initiatives with Cascade and will continue to do so into the future.”
— Matt Ipri, VP of Marketing, DecisionLens
I have enjoyed working with Cascade Insights. They are flexible, agile, and easy to work with. Cascade has delivered high-quality work for my team on short notice and they always go the extra mile to ensure that we are happy with their work. I have commissioned multiple customer development research projects from Cascade Insights to better understand customer preferences, pain-points, and vendor selection criteria. They have also worked with us on concept testing of new value and willingness to pay. The team did great work, especially with sourcing the right customers, conducting in-depth interviews and packaging the feedback into crisp, actionable insights. I plan to use Cascade Insights again.
— Samit Jhaveri, Director of Product Marketing, Azure Apps and DevOps, Microsoft