Any B2B marketer needs to be able to justify their marketing efforts. To do so, many marketers turn to web, social, and email analytics. Unfortunately, these types of analytics only tell you what happened. You lost traffic to a page, a bounce rate is climbing, a social media account is failing to engage, or your newsletter is cratering. These tools never tell you why this is happening.
But knowing why matters. If you understand why customers are failing to fill out a form, don’t click through to a piece of content, or stopped visiting your site, you can make meaningful changes to marketing tactics and strategies.
Our Approach to Data-Driven Marketing Research:
For data-driven marketing research projects, we take a detailed look at the analytics and dashboards you have today. Then we craft a custom research effort to help you understand why your marketing efforts aren’t engaging potential customers.
We can support a data-driven approach to:
- Persona-based marketing.
- PPC strategy.
- Content strategy.
- Brand strategy.
- Social media strategy.
When Do You Need B2B Data-Driven Marketing Research?
There are a number of examples of where a B2B marketer might need custom research to make smart decisions. Here are just a few.
Campaigns that Crash
Even smart, analytical marketers have campaigns that flop. If your last campaign didn’t generate much engagement or produced engagement but not results, you need to understand why.
Refining Content Strategy
Narrow Your Lane
Great custom research can help you narrow your targeting efforts. It can also help you more intelligently segment your audience to deliver the personalized experience expected by today’s B2B buyers.
If your site isn’t generating traffic, engagement, or leads, you know you have a problem. Analytics like bounce rates and time on page can hint at the real problem. But in order to make meaningful change, you need to ask prospective customers why they aren’t sticking around.
15 Years In the Tech Sector, Thousands of Conversations With B2B Buyers
We only work with companies that create B2B technology products and services. This has been our specialization for more than a decade. The customer data we generate goes far deeper than just the basics, because we know your customers.
We want to answer the questions that keep marketers up at night. Our industry context and focus on the entire B2B experience enables us to translate what interviewees are saying into actionable results for clients. To make sure you get results you can use to advance your goals, we’ll always customize the questions we ask to target your business objectives.
The Right People for Data-Driven Marketers
- Current customers.
- Competitor customers.
The Right Questions for Data-Driven Marketers
- Why does our website generate a ton of traffic but no leads?
- Our highest-performing campaign is generating a lot of traffic but not high-quality leads. Why?
- How can we get better quality leads?
- Why are we getting all of our leads from a single customer segment such as small companies, but failing to get large enterprises to engage with us digitally?
- Is our messaging failing to resonate with decision makers, influencers, or end users? Why is that?
- Why do our social media accounts fail to generate any customer interest?
- How come a specific social media account outperforms all the others?
- Why do our blog posts lack engagement?
- How can our newsletter generate more opens and clicks?
- Why do our PPC campaigns generate traffic but no leads?
- Why does a specific PPC campaign generate the lion’s share of our website traffic?
- Are competitors outperforming us when it comes to their marketing efforts? Why?
More On Our Approach to Data-Driven Marketing
Looking for more?
B2B Tech Sector Specialists
We only accept projects from the B2B tech sector.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Big Data
- & More
Our clients range from enterprise giants to stars of the mid-market.
We help companies in the following fields:
- IT Services
- Health Tech
- Green Tech
- Legal Tech
Market Research Methodologies
- In-Depth Interviews (In-Person & Online).
- Focus Groups (In-Person & Online).
- Web Surveys.
- Online Research Communities.
- Quantitative Studies.
- Social Media / Online Community Analysis.
- Longitudinal Research (Communities, Diaries, Etc.).
- Secondary Research.
“Working with Cascade was fantastic. They got up to speed quickly on our industry and its nuances, and they were able to collect the data and derive the insights we were looking for in a straightforward, no drama way. They were collaborative and flexible, and they altered their work plan and interview questions as the needs of our project evolved. I would recommend them to other marketers, and if/when the need arises again, I would 100% call on them.”
— Bob Armour, Chief Marketing Officer, Jellyvision