It always costs more to gain a new customer than to keep an existing one. Our B2B Churn Analysis is designed to help technology companies improve customer satisfaction and retention, leading to greater profitability.
If your company uses a subscription model, churn research is especially important. Without an objective understanding of why customers leave, you’ll just keep guessing at how to keep accounts on the books.
What is B2B Churn Analysis?
B2B Churn Research uncovers what led your lost customers to leave. You’ll understand whether they left you for a competitor or if you’re the problem. (It could be both.) Either way, you’ll learn what you need to do to keep your best customers.
Here are some examples of insight B2B churn analysis may uncover.
- Marketers are promising capabilities or product strengths that don’t truly exist yet.
- To improve retention, your sales team needs to change how they approach customers.
- Sellers need to pay more attention to existing customers, especially those whose subscriptions are set to expire.
- The product team needs to add or improve product features or capabilities to enhance retention.
- A recent pricing change is pushing customers to seek alternatives.
When Do You Need B2B Churn Analysis?
You’ll never get to zero churn, but there’s never a bad time to optimize.
Regularly performing churn research will help you improve ongoing customer retention. It may also reveal easily overlooked operational problems like poor sales training, weak reporting on current customers, or a lack of management oversight.
An Unexpected Drop in Customer Retention
If you suddenly lose a significant number of customers during a renewal window, churn research will help you figure out why. Pay attention to these red flags in order to prevent future losses.
15 Years In the Tech Sector, Thousands of Conversations With B2B Buyers
We only work with companies that create B2B technology products and services. This has been our specialization for more than a decade. Each day, we interview and survey B2B customers on their tech stack, pain points, and business needs.
Our specialization helps us dig deep into your business problem right away. We understand the dynamics of SaaS business models, yearly contracts, and how B2B buyers approach renewals. We’ve helped other organizations stem the bleeding from excessive churn.
Because we’re familiar with B2B buyers and their concerns, we’re able to jump right into meaningful conversations with them and get to the core of why they left. In other words, you won’t waste time and budget on getting us up-to-speed on the basics.
The Right People for B2B Churn Analysis
- Lost customers.
- Competitors’ customers.
The Right Questions for B2B Churn Analysis
- Do customers’ experiences with the product or service align with their expectations?
- Are customers getting the support they feel they’re paying for?
- How often are customers engaged with after the sale?
- Are customers put off by sales teams’ behaviors or inattention?
- Have competitors changed their prices or discounts?
- How much did price factor into the purchase decision?
- How big is the competitor’s sales team and how is it structured?
- Are we focusing on one-off solutions when buyers concentrate on platforms?
- Are we losing deals to do-it-yourself or do-nothing?
More On Our Approach to B2B Churn Analysis
Looking for more?
B2B Tech Sector Specialists
We only accept projects from the B2B tech sector.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Big Data
- & More
Our clients range from enterprise giants to stars of the mid-market.
We help companies in the following fields:
- IT Services
- Health Tech
- Green Tech
- Legal Tech
Market Research Methodologies
- In-Depth Interviews (In-Person & Online).
- Focus Groups (In-Person & Online).
- Web Surveys.
- Online Research Communities.
- Quantitative Studies.
- Social Media / Online Community Analysis.
- Longitudinal Research (Communities, Diaries, Etc.).
- Secondary Research.
“We needed to understand the factors that were contributing to churn and we needed to hear it directly from the customer. Cascade’s expertise meant we were able to get up and running with in-depth interviews quickly. The interviews were exhaustive and were recorded and transcribed for us. The biggest value we got came in two parts: first, the interviewer was skilled at drilling into details that were important for us. Secondly, Cascade provided an extensive insights and recommendations overview that has helped us build highly targeted plans that will increase our customer retention.”
— Jean Chapin, Global Customer Experience and Channel Marketing, Malwarebytes