Marketers often find themselves stuck when trying to create the right messaging frameworks for their organizations. Maybe it’s because they are nervous about suggesting a new messaging framework without the data to back it up. Or perhaps they weren’t hired to solve that type of problem; they were hired to drive existing marketing campaigns. So, they’re not confident in their ability to create new messaging. Or maybe it’s because they’ve been sitting at their end of the table for so long that they no longer even know what their buyers’ needs are.
Tag Archive for: marketers
Somewhere between intent and interpretation, a lot can get lost in translation.
Never waste an opportunity to learn from a lost deal.
How should marketers balance the need to be visible with the need to be relevant and useful?
The best marketers love data and the creative process in equal measure.
On this episode of B2B Revealed, “Analytical Marketer: How to Transform Your Marketing Organization” author Adele Sweetwood is our guest.
Sweetwood is the senior vice president of global marketing & shared services at SAS.
Cascade Insights CEO Sean Campbell and Sweetwood explore why an analytical mindset is necessary for a properly targeted marketing success strategy.
Master The Art of Analytical Marketing. Listen To Learn:
- How to use data to shape your company’s marketing strategy.
- Why having a Ph.D. isn’t necessary for becoming a data scientist.
- How SAS transformed their marketing strategy.
- Tips for navigating the challenges of large collaborative projects.
- The dangers of over-communicating to customers.
- Why being customer-oriented is even more strategic than being goal-oriented.
- How to enforce team collaboration & dependency.
- The importance of using metrics to gauge channel performance.
- Why “orchestrators” and “analytical marketers” make great company leaders.
- What to do when it’s hard to get the data.
- How to apply analytical marketing techniques to a small business.
Notable Quotes From Adele Sweetwood:
“The days of marketing as simply an artistic endeavor are gone. That’s not to say that creative skills are not in demand, it’s just that [creative skill] alone [is] insufficient.”
“We’re killing our customers with messages.”
“Once you start the engine moving, you don’t want the pieces missing.”
“The sales relationship needs constant care and feeding.”- Sweetwood on communication between marketing and sales.
“Investment in technology and … [capturing] data and analytics in your company is better than an ad you might buy or an event you might go to.” – Sweetwood on marketing for small businesses.
Mentioned In This Episode:
Market Research Insights For Marketers:
- Don’t confuse popularity with profitability. Make sure your method of evaluating marketing success measures the right thing. Learn more.
- Is your marketing resonating with your customers? Is it even reaching them? Check out how we market researched ourselves to answer these questions.
- Is your marketing strategy based on outdated assumptions? Find out.
Want more B2B brilliance? There are lots of ways to follow us.
Large companies lose touch with their customers all the time.
After hundreds of market research projects for B2B tech companies, we know the warning signs that a product will fail.
Your sales team is conducting qualitative research all the time. Talking to them is perhaps the lowest cost qualitative research project you could possibly do. It’s also your best chance to achieve a strong sales strategy in sync with the goals of your organization.
Connect With Us
- Customer Experience Research
- — Buyer Persona Research
- — Buyer's Journey Research
- — Key Buying Criteria Research
- — Jobs-To-Be-Done Research
- — User Personas
- — Customer Satisfaction Research
- B2B Product/Service Research
- — Market Opportunity Research
- — Concept Testing
- — Go-To-Market Research
- Marketing Enablement Research
- — B2B Data-Driven Marketing Research
- — Message Testing
- — Brand Research
- — Thought Leadership
- — Partner Enablement