Kevin Kruse, the author of Great Leaders Have No Rules, join the B2B Revealed podcast to discuss why rule-based leadership leads to failure. Importantly, Kevin bases this key insight on over 200 interviews with well-known business leaders across a range of disciplines. Based on these conversations Kevin has distilled 10 key insights that any leader can use to build a culture that is based on trust vs. mere rule following.
In This Episode
- How every “got a minute” request kills productivity across your company.
- Why rules disengage 99% of your employees to reduce risk from 1% of your employees.
- Why being likable is more important than being liked as a leader.
- The difference between favoritism and focusing on your higher achieving team members.
- All leaders are role models whether they want to be or not.
- The importance of having a framework that empowers decision making vs. mere rule setting.
- Why principles tend to beat out process in business.
As always, we’d love for you to take a minute to leave a review on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Overcast, or wherever you listen to podcasts. And, if you have any feedback (or would like to work with us on a podcast of your own), you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.