What follows is a curated list of Internet of Things (IoT) focused articles.
To create this list we first looked for articles with the most LinkedIn shares (thanks BuzzSumo). Then we took that list and threw out all the articles there were merely advertorial, published by vendors, or those, which simply lacked insight.
In short, what follows are the articles, published in the last 30 days, that you truly need to read about the Internet of Things. Enjoy!
- A solid set of predictions, something we wouldn’t always say about an IDC report, with these few standouts…
- “Within the next five years, more than 90% of all IoT data will be hosted on service provider platforms” and “Within three years, 50% of IT networks will transition from having excess capacity to handle the additional IoT devices to being network constrained with nearly 10% of sites being overwhelmed.”
- Good discussion of how it took 15 years to develop a data standard for RFID devices. And how things will need to move much faster – when it comes to the development of IoT oriented standards.
- Given the strong relationship between Hadoop, Big Data, and IoT. This article is a worthwhile read.
- Key Point: 64% of Hadoop deployments are in proof of concept environments. The key reasons these deployments are “stuck” here – 53% lack of enterprise grade backup and recovery for Hadoop environments, 48% lack of enterprise grade high availability, 45% – concerns about maintaining performance at scale.
- Companies Involved: BC Hydro, Coca-Cola, Rio – Smart City Implementation, Banco De Cordoba, Lukoil, Dom Perigion, Kenya Pipeline, SK Solutions, Yellow River Conser
- Key Quote: Unlike the boomers or Generation X before them, Generation Y is showing us an entirely new way to relate to the consumption and ownership of assets. From Zipcar to BMW to Mercedes, the pay-as-you-go model is becoming increasingly lucrative…The digital generation expect integrated service offerings and are either happy to trade personal data in lieu of better service or a price reduction or are savvy enough to detect a poor value exchange. By creating new pay-as-you-go business models, you are effectively removing the barrier to entry for the high-value asset class. What’s more, you are paving the way for the Internet of Things to flourish.
Stay ahead of the herd and subscribe to the Cascade Insights newsletter. We’ll inform you about new podcasts, blog posts, and articles we post.
Get in touch
"*" indicates required fields