Think about your bosses, current and past. Have they made you a better worker? Do you feel like you’ve learned from them?
Good B2B leadership can lift a team and help solve difficult business challenges. According to professor and executive coach Sydney Finkelstein, the best bosses are experts at developing talent and grooming new leaders. These “superbosses” not only benefit those who work for them, but can also generate unexpected perks for their companies as their protégés spread their wings.
Finkelstein’s extensive research for “Superbosses: How Exceptional Leaders Master the Flow of Talent” has uncovered common traits among the best leaders across multiple industries. The best part is, he believes anyone can become a superboss, at any level.
If you’re in B2B leadership, this one is for you.
In This Episode:
- The three types of superboss: nurturers, iconoclasts, and glorious bastards.
- Characteristics of a superboss.
- How best to work with a superboss.
- What a “hands-on delegator” is, and how he/she operates.
- How superbosses are reviving mentor-apprentice professional relationships.
- How superbosses create value for their company, even after their protégés have moved on.
As always, we’d love for you to take a minute to leave a review on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Overcast, or wherever you listen to podcasts. And, if you have any feedback (or would like to work with us on a podcast of your own), you can reach us at email@example.com.