Take Care of Your Data
In B2B data-driven marketing, your data is a bit like a bicycle chain.
It’s fundamental to your operations, but it’s easily overlooked. Neglect it, and things start to lose efficiency. For example, marketing campaigns might have a lower ROI. Or, sales teams will be starved for leads and your company will miss its revenue targets. Like a muddy bicycle chain, “dirty” data can cause real problems.
But give your B2B marketing data a little attention, and everything works much more smoothly.
In this episode, B2B data devotee Ruth Stevens shares expertise from 20 years of helping enterprise and mid-market companies better care for their data. Stevens is also the co-author of the excellent book B2B Data-Driven Marketing: Sources, Uses, Results.
By the end of the episode, you’ll be better equipped to keep your B2B data-driven marketing operations running smoothly with some data TLC.
In This Episode:
- How B2B data degrades at 4-6 percent per month.
- Why account-based marketing solves the data challenge of targeting individuals.
- Why it’s important to ask customers and business partners to help you keep data up to date.
- How intent data is changing the B2B sales and marketing landscape.
- Why “opt-out” is both legal and preferable in the B2B context.
- Why salespeople shouldn’t do data entry, and why data entry teams deserve more resources and respect.
Ruth Stevens’ LinkedIn
Ruth Stevens’ Twitter
To listen to this interview on your phone, visit the B2B Revealed podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or your favorite podcast player.
As always, we’d love for you to take a minute to leave a review on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Overcast, or wherever you listen to podcasts. And, if you have any feedback (or would like to work with us on a podcast of your own), you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get in touch
"*" indicates required fields