In B2B data-driven marketing, your data is a bit like a bicycle chain.
It’s fundamental to your operations, but it’s easily overlooked. Neglect it, and things start to lose efficiency. For example, marketing campaigns might have a lower ROI. Or, sales teams will be starved for leads and your company will miss its revenue targets. Like a muddy bicycle chain, “dirty” data can cause real problems.
But give your B2B marketing data a little attention, and everything works much more smoothly.
In this episode, B2B data devotee Ruth Stevens shares expertise from 20 years of helping enterprise and mid-market companies better care for their data. Stevens is also the co-author of the excellent book B2B Data-Driven Marketing: Sources, Uses, Results.
By the end of the episode, you’ll be better equipped to keep your B2B data-driven marketing operations running smoothly with some data TLC.
In This Episode:
- How B2B data degrades at 4-6 percent per month.
- Why account-based marketing solves the data challenge of targeting individuals.
- Why it’s important to ask customers and business partners to help you keep data up to date.
- How intent data is changing the B2B sales and marketing landscape.
- Why “opt-out” is both legal and preferable in the B2B context.
- Why salespeople shouldn’t do data entry, and why data entry teams deserve more resources and respect.
As always, we’d love for you to take a minute to leave a review on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Overcast, or wherever you listen to podcasts. And, if you have any feedback (or would like to work with us on a podcast of your own), you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.